Oculus Quest 2 is one of the best all-in-one VR devices, and you can do a lot of things with it. Using an Oculus Quest, you can play various video games, explore nature, watch movies and TV series, and even get a workout in.
However, you can get only some of these experiences free of cost. The majority of the applications and games need a one-time purchase; hence, you’ll be required to create your Oculus account and then select a payment method as well.
However, you are not compelled to use the same payment method the whole time you are utilizing the VR device. So, in case you don’t know how to change it, this article will let you know how to change the payment method on oculus quest 2.
What Payment Options Are Available With Oculus Quest 2
Before starting the discussion regarding the process of how to change the payment method on oculus quest 2, and also how to add and remove the payment methods, let’s gain knowledge about what are the options available for you in the first place.
For the time being, you will be able to officially link your debit or credit Visa, American Express Card, and also Mastercard. Furthermore, individuals who prefer making payments through digital wallets have the option to connect their PayPal accounts as a payment method.
Oculus Quest 2 How to Change Payment Method on Your Phone
One of the easiest and simplest methods for changing the payment settings in your Oculus Quest 2 is to tap into the app on your mobile phone. You have to ensure that the latest version of the Oculus App is downloaded on your mobile phone.
You can easily download it from either App Store or Google Play Store. Also, you are required to make sure you are signed in with the Oculus credentials.
After opening the Oculus App on your phone, follow the steps mentioned below for changing to or adding a new payment method –
Step 1 – Tap on the “Menu” tab that should be located at the bottom in the right-hand corner.
Step 2 – After entering “Menu”, you will have to tap on the “Settings” option.
Step 3 – Next, you will be selecting the “Payment Methods” option available in the Settings section.
Step 4 – Now, you will have to choose an option between “Add credit or debit card” or “Add a PayPal account”.
Step 5 – After you have picked a particular payment option, you are required to fill out all the essential payment information.
Now that you have successfully added a new payment method that you will be using, you can remove the payment option that you may not need anymore. Here’s what you’ll do –
Step 1 – Again, go to the “Payment Methods” option by tapping on the Menu button.
Step 2 – Now all you have to do is to select the payment option you are wanting to delete and tap on the “Remove” option.
That is all you are required to do. After that, Oculus will be charging your purchases utilizing the new payment method you have selected.
1. How do I remove a payment method from Oculus 2?
For removing a payment method using the Oculus app on your PC –
- Launch the app.
- Click on “Settings” in “Menu” on the left.
- Tap on the “Payment” option.
- Tap the “Add Payment Method” dropdown menu.
- Select “Credit or Debit Card” or “PayPal Account”.
- Click on the “Remove” option next to the applicable card or PayPal account for removing the payment method.
For removing a payment method using the Oculus app on your mobile –
- Open the Oculus app on your smartphone.
- Click on the profile picture located at the top on the left side.
- Tap on the “Payment Methods”.
- Select the payment method you are wanting to remove.
- Tap “Remove”.
2. How do I change the payment method on Oculus 2 without a phone?
To change your payment method without a phone, follow these steps –
- Open the Oculus desktop app on your computer.
- Tap on “Settings” from the panel on the left side.
- Navigate to the “Payment” option.
- Select your preferred method between “Credit or Debit Card” and “PayPal Account”.
- Enter valid billing information.
3. Where is the payment method for Oculus 2?
In the Oculus desktop app, tap “Settings” – select “Payment” – tap “Add Payment Method”.
In the Oculus mobile app, open the app – tap on the profile picture – tap “Payment Methods”.
To Wrap Up
Now you know how to change payment methods on oculus quest 2, so you can pay through your most preferred payment method anytime anywhere.