If you own an Oculus Quest 2, knowing Clean Oculus Lenses Properly is a must.
Regardless of the level of your carefulness, the lenses of the headset are bound to get smudges and end up with fingerprints, after you spend an adequate amount of time playing some of the best Oculus Quest 2 games. As the blurry vision can ruin the overall experience, something is required to be done.
In this article, we will guide you in the process of cleaning, from the items you require to the best methods. You can easily clean the Oculus lenses within seconds, as there will be no reason not to. Here’s how to clean oculus lenses.
How to clean oculus lenses
Regardless of the device, whether it is an Oculus Quest or a Rift headset, the cleaning method will be equally effective for both sets of lenses.
- As the Oculus or Meta states, the best possible method of cleaning the lenses includes the utilization of a dry optical lens microfiber cloth.
- Beginning from the center of the lens, gently wipe the lenses using a clean and dry optical lens microfiber cloth in a circular motion moving outwards.
- Utilize a fresh portion of the cloth for cleaning the second lens.
- Remember, you should not use any kind of chemical or liquid cleansers, as those can damage the device and also invalidate its warranty.
That is all you need to do to properly clean the Oculus lenses
How to clean the rest
While you are cleaning the lenses, why not clean the whole headset! It is also very easy to do and helpful for maintaining your Oculus for a long time.
- Use a dry microfiber cloth for wiping the outside of the headset.
- You must ensure that you are properly gripping the headset during the process, and do not apply any pressure, specifically near the sensor if you are cleaning a Quest 2.
- For cleaning the foam and the strap, utilize the non-abrasive antibacterial wipes. Do not utilize any abrasive cleaning chemicals or alcohol, as it can damage the headset.
- In case the strap has become visibly discolored due to grease or hair dye, you must clean it deeply.
Remove the entire strap by detaching the Velcro on the top strap, and sliding it from one of the released sides. Wash it in cold soap water, rinse it, and let it air dry for 1 day. Don’t use a dryer. Reattach is after it’s completely dried.
- The method to clean the controllers is similar to the foam and strap, just wipe with a microfiber cloth or non-abrasive antibacterial wipes.
Properly clean the entire controller, including the back where it is gripped and between the buttons.
- You can buy a case for keeping the Oculus Quest 2 lenses smudge-free when it is not getting used.
1. How do you clean a VR lens?
Utilize a dry and clean microfiber cloth for cleaning the VR lens. Do not utilize any liquid or chemical cleanser. Start from the middle of a lens and gently wipe it in a circular motion towards the outside.
2. How do you remove smudges from the Oculus lens?
The smudges can be removed using a microfiber cloth and regular care.
You can use an air mover as a compressed air can for blowing off the dust from the surface of the lenses, to prevent scratches while wiping the lenses. Ensure to blow across the surface of the lens and not directly at it.
Wipe it in a circular motion, from the center to outwards, and gently increase the pressure depending on the intensity of the smudge.
3. Why are my Oculus lenses blurry?
It can be blurry because –
- The lenses are dirty and required to be clean.
- Your IPD settings are not correct.
- The quality of the lenses is poor.
- Can you clean Oculus lenses with water?
No, you should never utilize water or any liquid cleaner to clean Oculus lenses, as the moisture can damage the headset.