If your LG phone is locked, you may do a factory reset to bypass the lock screen. A factory reset, also called a master reset, is a method for resetting any electronic equipment to its initial configuration.
All information stored on the device, including your lock code, will be reset to factory defaults during this procedure. In addition, a factory reset is ideal when your phone is infected with a virus, or you need to sell it to secure your personal information.
Here, we will discuss how to perform a factory reset on a locked LG phone, even if the LG hard reset doesn’t work.
Typically, you can perform a master reset on LG phones by navigating to Settings > General > Backup & reset > Factory data reset. Click Factory reset to confirm. This will delete all data from your phone’s internal storage, including your Google account, app data, images, settings, etc.
However, if you are locked from your phone, you can also utilize the emergency call pad to reset most consumer electronics. This is the ideal way to perform a hard reset without a password.
How To Reset An LG Phone
There are three ways to reset an LG phone: soft reset, hard reset, and factory reset.
- Soft resets are also known as restarts. It is a safer alternative to turning your smartphone off and back on. Before restarting a device, a soft reset ends all apps and clears the RAM.
- A hard reset employs the phone’s hardware to restore factory settings. It rewrites the device and any data added after it was shipped from the factory.
- A software factory reset (from here on, we’ll refer to it as a “factory reset”) is an option within the Settings app. This operates similarly to a hard reset but is accomplished using software rather than the phone’s hardware.
How And When To Do A Soft Reset On An LG Phone
A soft reset is great if your phone has frozen, is running slowly, or is exhibiting other indicators of being overworked, such as overheating or refusing to launch apps.
In this circumstance, the soft reset is the final solution, as rebooting the phone while an application is processing data may corrupt the data. A soft reset will only delete unsaved data from your phone.
Two methods are available for performing a soft reset on an LG device. First, press and hold the Power button to open the Power menu. When you press Restart, the phone performs a soft reset.
If the Power menu will not open or the phone is extremely sluggish, press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until the screen goes blank and the LG logo displays. This restarts the phone as if you had pressed the Restart button.
How And When To Do A Hard Reset On An LG Phone
The “nuclear option” for resetting your phone is a hard reset. Returning your phone to factory settings will erase its memory, destroy all of your apps and data (pictures, music, movies, etc.), log you out of all accounts and delete your passwords and other credentials, and otherwise restore the phone to its original software state.
It should only be done if you need the phone more than its data or wish to totally and swiftly delete the device.
To conduct a hard reset, you must:
- Turn your phone off. Whenever possible, remove and replace the battery.
- To do a soft reset without turning on your phone, click and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- When the LG logo displays, release the Power and Volume Down buttons, then press and hold them again.
- As soon as the Factory Reset menu opens, release the buttons. Utilize the volume controls to locate the Yes button, then push the Power button to activate it.
- You will be prompted to confirm a hard reset once more. Repeat the above button to confirm, and your phone will be reset to factory settings.
How And When To Do A Factory Reset Via Software On An LG Phone
A factory reset functions similarly to a hard reset but is accomplished through software configurations. This is typically done when selling or donating a phone to delete personal information. To execute a factory reset, you must:
Launch the Settings application, then navigate to System > Advanced > Reset Options.
- Select Erase all data (factory reset).
- To reset your phone to factory settings, press Erase all data and perform any additional steps.
1. How do I factory reset my LG phone with buttons?
Press and hold the Volume Down Key and the Power/Lock Key simultaneously on the rear of the phone. Loosen the Power/Lock Key once the LG logo is shown, then press and hold it again instantly. When the Factory hard reset screen shows, press all keys.
2. How do I factory reset my LG phone without the password?
- Press and hold the Power button to turn off the device.
- Hold the Volume-down and Power/Lock buttons for roughly 10 seconds.
- When the Backup and restore screen is displayed, release both presses.
- Utilize the Volume buttons to get to “Reset to Factory Settings.”
3. How do I factory reset my phone if it’s locked?
A hard reset is the most frequent method for resetting your phone if it’s locked on an Android phone. You can unlock your Android phone by performing a hard reset. Remember that a hard reset will delete all of your phone’s data. Therefore, a hard reset will unlock your phone, but you will lose any stored data.
Also Read: How to Screenshot on Google Pixel 4