Discovery Plus is one of the most popular streaming services for watching non-fiction and reality television programs. There are almost 60,000 episodes of various HGTV, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Lifetime, and BBC television programs.
Discovery Plus allows customers to stream content with limited or no advertisements. One Disney+ subscription allows for the creation of five profiles. If you own an LG Smart TV and are curious about how to download Discovery Plus on your LG Smart TV, you’ve come to the correct spot.
You may choose from over 200 original programs, documentaries, and exclusive material for a longer streaming experience on your LG TV.
The History Channel, Lifetime, and A&E are available to those who like streaming nonfictional content. With a Discovery+ subscription, you may also view natural history, environment-related programming, and BBC news.
Click to Know: How to Screenshot on Google Pixel 4
How To Get Discovery Plus On Lg Smart Tv
Discovery Plus is accessible via the LG Content Store on WebOS 4X/5X, LG OLED, and LG QNED MiniLED televisions.
- Activate your LG television and connect it to Wi-Fi.
- Using the remote, scroll to the LG Content Store tile and click it.
- Click the Magnifier icon located in the upper-right corner.
- Type Discovery Plus using the virtual keyboard to search for it.
- Select Discovery+ from the list of search results.
- Select the Install button to initiate the LG TV download.
- Click Launch after installation to start the Discovery+ application.
- Provide your Discovery+ account information and select a title to stream on your LG TV.
How To Chromecast Discovery Plus On LG Smart TV Using A Smartphone
The majority of LG Smart TVs provide Chromecast functionality. As the Discovery Plus app supports Chromecast, you can cast the app from your mobile device to your LG Smart TV.
- Download and start the Discovery Plus application on your Android (Play Store) or iOS (App Store) mobile device.
- Ensure that your smartphone and the LG Smart are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Select a Discovery+ video to watch and tap the Cast icon in the screen’s upper-right corner.
- Choose your LG Smart TV from the available devices listed.
- The content will now be streamed to your television if the connection is successful.
How To Install Discovery Plus On LG Roku TV
You can install the Discovery+ app from the Roku Channel Store if you own an LG Roku TV.
- Install and connect your Roku to your television and the internet.
- Click the Streaming Channels option from the Roku main screen.
- Select Search Channels and then look for the Discovery Plus application.
- Choose the Discovery Plus application from the search results list.
- Click the Add Channel button then.
- Launch the app and login in with your Discovery login details once the channel has been added.
- Stream your preferred entertainment via the Discovery Plus LG Smart TV app.
Discovery Plus Compatible Devices
- iPhone 6 and newer
- Android Mobile. Android 5 operating system
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- iPad, 3rd generation
- Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet
- LG TVs with WebOS
- Apple TV 4 Gen HD and 4K etc.
1. What TV can I stream Discovery Plus on?
Discovery Plus is accessible on numerous devices. You may view it on your Android or iOS smartphone, as well as on the majority of web browsers. It is also accessible on Samsung Smart TVs manufactured in 2017 or after Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, and Xbox.
2. Why can’t I see Discovery Plus on my smart TV?
Delete the application and re-download it from the Google Play Store. Switch on and off your TV by powering it down from the mains; standby mode may not be working. Check for updates to the discovery+ application and the Smart TV’s operating system.
3. Can I get Discovery Plus on Amazon Prime?
Active Prime members have access to the discovery+ and discovery+ (Ad-Free) plans for $4.99 and $6.99 per month, accordingly, after a 7-day free trial. Sign in with your Amazon account to add discovery+ Prime Video Channel. Choose “Channels” on the page’s navigation bar at the top of your Prime Video page.
The streaming service (officially branded as “discovery+”) debuted on January 4, 2021, in the United States. It originated from Discovery, Inc., now Warner Bros.
Discovery, the cable TV business that owns and manages multiple networks, HBO, and the sister service of Discovery Plus, HBO Max. The streaming service offers both older and more contemporary programming from other networks.
This includes Discovery’s flagship channel, TLC, HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Animal Planet, ID, Travel Channel, and OWN, among others. It also contains programming from cable networks not owned by Discovery, Inc., such as A&E, Lifetime, and History.
In contrast, the services provide a variety of BBC programming. Discovery Plus is the greatest streaming application to watch all Discovery TV content.