Although there are numerous ways available for receiving messages now, voicemail is a useful tool to make sure others are able to contact us when our busy lives take over.
You might assume that voicemail gets activated automatically when you are starting to use a Samsung mobile, however often it is not the case.
So, if you want to learn how to set up voicemail on Samsung, or how to listen to voicemails – we are here to provide you with all the answers.
How To Set Up Voicemail On A Samsung Phone
Check the availability of the voicemail. Open the Phone application, go to More, then Settings > Voicemail. If you can see a phone number on the screen, then voicemail is available.
Now copy the number and enter it into the dialer, or just press and hold the ‘1’ key from the keypad.
In case it is the first time you are accessing the voicemail, you will be required to select a security code. Remember, the code should be between 4 and 10 digits in length.
The next step can be different for everyone, depending on the service provider. In some cases, you may need to set up a personalized message or even a signature (say your name to insert it into a message).
After the compilation of all the necessary steps for activating the voicemail, you can hang up. Your voicemail will be ready for accepting new messages.
How To Listen To Your Voicemails
After the voicemail is activated, you will be able to listen to the voicemail messages on your Samsung device utilizing the default speed dial button.
- Go to the Phone app, and then tap on the keypad tab in case it is not already open on the screen.
- On the dialer keypad, press and hold the ‘1’ key. Now you can see a small voicemail icon beneath the number on the key. You can set the speed dial to any number on all the other keys on the keypad, but the ‘1’ key is taken for the voicemail.
- The voicemail number will be called after a little pause. Then you can utilize the automated menu for listening to the messages.
Guide On: How To Factory Reset An LG Phone?
Change Samsung Voicemail Notifications
The majority of the voicemail settings have to be changed via making a call on the voicemail number and utilizing the automated menu.
Along with some other things, your Samsung device lets you control the notifications which alert you about the new messages.
- For changing the notifications of the voicemail. You’ll have to go to the phone dialer app > ‘More’ menu (the three little dots) at the top.
- Go to Settings > Voicemail section. You can see the number you dial for listening to the voicemails shown here.
- At the bottom of that number, you’ll see the recent voicemail settings. Click on the notifications settings for a full view.
- Now change the settings as per your requirement.
Troubleshooting Samsung Voicemail
After setting up the voicemail, you can face some issues. Any certain problems can be solved easily. Some of the most common issues are –
Not Getting Notification Of A New Voicemail
If this happens, check the notification settings properly,
The Icon Of A New Voicemail Notification Appears Even When There Is No New Message
It’s generally a cache issue. For fixing it, go to Settings > Apps, and click ‘Filter and Sort’ at the very top of the list. Click on ‘Show System Apps’ > ‘OK’. Press ‘Call settings’ in the apps list and Storage > Clear Data > Clear Cache.
Unable To Hear The Voicemail From A Different Phone
For listening to voicemails from another phone, a security code will have to be set up. To set up, you have to call the voicemail number and follow the instructions in the automated menu.
Also Read : How To Screen Record On Motorola
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where Is Voicemail On Samsung?
Open the Phone application on your Samsung mobile. On the bottom, click on the Voicemail icon. In case you are not able to find the Voicemail icon, open the Phone app, hold the ‘1’ button for three to five seconds, and it will automatically dial the voicemail.
2. How Do I Activate My Voicemail?
For activating your voicemail, follow these steps –
- Tap on the Phone app located on the home screen of your phone.
- Click on the Keypad tab, then select the Visual Voicemail icon.
- Tap Continue.
- Click OK.
Recommended: How To Turn On Samsung Tv Without Remote