Along with the variety of smartphones, Samsung manufactures smart TVs as well. These smart TVs are outfitted with the latest technologies and features .The company provides a remote controller with each of the TVs, that is used for turning on and off the TV, selecting channels, adjusting volume, managing controller playback settings, etc.
If the remote isn’t working, you may wonder how to turn on Samsung tv without remote and need to find some other solutions for turning on the TV. Like every other TV, Samsung TVs can be turned on directly from the TV set.
Is it possible Turning on the television without a remote control? Yes. You can turn on a Samsung smart TV even without a remote control. But, the process of turning on your TV will be significantly dependent on the model on the TV. And although you will be able to turn on the TV without the remote, the overall functionality will be very limited.
How To Turn On Samsung Tv Without Remote
Here are some methods which you can use to turn on your Samsung TV without the remote –
Method 1: Using Control Stick Or Jog Controller Button
For turning on your Samsung smart TV without the remote, you will have to press the TV control button known as the ‘Control stick’ or ‘Jog Controller button’. You can find this button on either the back, the front, or the middle of the TV.
Have A Look At: explaining concepts about how to screenshot on google pixel 4
Through the utilization of the Control stick, you can turn on the television, adjust the volume, and also access the Smart Hub features like menu and settings. The tricky part is to recognize and locate the Jog controller button.
You may have noticed a red light that turns on when you turn on the TV and then automatically turns off, that is the location of the TV controller.
You can also go through the instruction manual of the device to locate the controller.
Method 2: Take Advantage Of The SmartThings App
Samsung offers a mobile app named SmartThings that allows controlling the smart TV and other devices very easily. Remember, this method can be used only if you have already configured the app for working with the smart TV.
1. Download and install the app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
2. Open the app, then select the ‘+’ icon.
3. Tap on ‘Add Device Option’ from the drop-down menu.
4. Select the ‘TV’ option.
5. Click on the ‘Start’ button.
6. Select the appropriate location from the list.
7. Select your TV, then enter the code you are seeing on the TV screen.
This way, your Samsung smart TV will be successfully connected to your phone.
Now, to turn on your TV using the SmartThings app, follow these steps –
1. Open the application, then tap on the name of your smart TV.
2. You will see that the remote control of the Samsung TV has appeared on the screen of your phone.
3. Simply tap on the power button for turning on or off your Samsung smart TV.
Note: This application is compatible with the Samsung TV models from 2016 to 2020.
Also Refer: how to clean oculus lenses properly
Method 3: Buying A Universal Remote
You can purchase a universal remote, that might not provide you with as many options as the original one, but it will still offer an assortment of controls.
Also, you can order a replacement remote for Samsung, which may require some additional time to get delivered, but will offer you all the original contents.
1. Where is the power button on my Samsung TV?
The power button on your Samsung TV can be found in one of the places mentioned below –
- In the middle-underside of the television.
- On the front right, underside of the television.
- At the front left or right bezel of the television (touch control).
- At the back of the television on the right side.
2. How do I turn on my Samsung Smart TV without the button?
Turn on your Samsung Smart TV with the remote, by grabbing the remote and pressing the power button.
Read More: how to charge oculus quest 2 controllers