To get the most out of the LG smart TV you own, connecting it with the internet is highly required.
Setting up a new Wi-Fi connection or turning on the Wi-Fi on your TV can sound a bit tricky, however, in general, it is a very straightforward process.
So, if you are thinking of connecting your LG smart TV to the internet or struggling to do so, here is a simple yet effective guide on how to turn on Wi-Fi on the LG tv that can help you in the process and let you use the most of your smart TV.
How To Turn On Wi-Fi On Lg Tv
For turning on the Wi-Fi on your LG smart TV, follow these steps –
- Step 1 – Press the Home Button on the remote of your LG TV.
- Step 2 – Go to the Settings option that should be located in the top right of the TV screen.
- Step 3 – Tap on Network.
- Step 4 – Select Wi-Fi Connection.
- Step 5 – Select your wireless network and enter the password.
That is all you have to do to connect your LG TV to the internet.
Also refer- How To Screen Record On Motorola
Follow these steps for connecting your LG TV to the internet via Wireless Connection:
- Step 1 – On the remote of your LG TV, press the SMART button, then scroll for accessing the “Home” menu.
- Step 2 – Select the “Settings” option, and click on “OK”.
- Step 3 – Click on “Network”.
- Step 4 – Select the “Wi-Fi Connection”.
- Step 5 – Your LG TV might try to connect to any available wired network. If it fails to find one, then it will be attempting to get connected to the Wi-Fi.
- Step 6 – Choose your Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks that you can see on the LG TV screen. In case your network is not showing on the list, just try to move the router closer to your LG TV.
- Step 7 – Input the password for your Wi-Fi network and tap on “Connect”.
- Step 8 – Your LG smart TV should be now connected to the Wi-Fi network.
Follow these steps for connecting your LG TV to the internet via Wired Connection:
- Step 1 – You will have to connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the LAN port on the LG smart TV and the other end to the open LAN port on the Wi-Fi network router.
- Step 2 – Now press the SMART button on the LG TV remote, then scroll for accessing the “Home” menu.
- Step 3 – Click on the “Settings” option, and tap on “OK”.
- Step 4 – Now click on “Network”, and then “Network Connection”.
- Step 5 – Click on “Start Connection”.
- Step 6 – Your smart TV will be getting automatically connected to the wired network.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why won’t my Wi-Fi turn on on my LG TV?
Make sure the LG TV is within the range of the wireless router and the availability of obstacles is as minimum as possible.
Remember, the built-in wireless receiver of the LG smart TV might not be as strong as the other devices.
You can try to fix the issue by restarting both the LG TV and the Wi-Fi network by unplugging them and plugging them back in, then trying to reconnect the Wi-Fi network to the TV.
If you are an advanced user, ensure your router has the SSID Broadcast enabled.
2. How do I turn on the Wi-Fi on my smart TV?
For turning on the Wi-Fi on your smart TV, follow these steps –
- press the “Menu” on your smart TV remote.
- go to the “Settings” option.
- Select the Network settings.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network type (wireless or wired) that you want to connect, and select it.