Samsung Galaxy Note 3, the successor of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 was seen to be launched in August 2013. This new device from Samsung came out of the box with quite nice hardware specifications and significantly notable performance.
Performing a software or system update on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is significantly essential for keeping the phone secure and ensuring that it is functioning properly.
A software update provides your Samsung mobile phone with the latest security patches along with bug fixes.
On the latest devices of Samsung, OneUI version 2 software works better than OneUI version 1. OneUI version 2 update came along with the latest Android 10 update.
Android 11 beta is currently rolling out to the developers. So, in case you are a developer, you will be able to update to the Android 11 version of Samsung in the upcoming times by following the processes mentioned in this article.
Today in this guide we are going to learn about how to update samsung note 3 android version so that you can get full experience and advantage of using your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Also Read: Know About How To Turn Off 5G On Samsung S21
How To Update Galaxy Note 3 Software?
If you are a user of Note 3 from the Galaxy series of Samsung, now you can get a better user experience, and all you need to do is to update the software of your Samsung device.
For updating the software of your Samsung Galaxy Note 3, you will have to follow these steps –
- Prior to updating the software, ensure your Samsung device is completely charged and linked to the internet.
- Click on ‘Settings’ that you can find on the home screen of your Samsung device after pulling down the notification panel.
- For accessing the General tab, click on it.
- To check if there is any new update available or not, go to ‘About device’ then tap on the ‘Software update’.
- You’ll have to download and then install the update by following the instructions that are appearing on-screen.
How Do I Update My Note 3 To The Latest Version?
Using the latest version helps the system of your mobile phone to run more smoothly and allows you to use the device more productively.
So, update your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to the latest version by following the steps mentioned below –
- First, access the ‘Settings’ tab that you can find on the Home screen.
- Now you will have to access the ‘More’ tab, and you can do this by tapping on it.
- For viewing the history of the device, you will be required to click on the ‘About device’ link.
- Now, for updating the software of your Samsung device, you will have to click on the software update button.
- You see the update is available after you click on ‘OK’.
Can A Samsung Note 3 Be Updated?
If you are a user of Samsung Galaxy S2 or/and Samsung Galaxy Note 3, you can update your device and enjoy the latest android version as Android 10 is currently available for both of these two devices.
In spite of the two OS update policies of Samsung, if you are a user of any of the older models of Samsung’s smartphones you will still be able to update your device’s software and get the new versions of Android.
What Is The Latest Android Version For Note 3?
Knowing about the latest android version for your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 can help you to utilise your phone more effectively. So, let’s learn about the latest android version for your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
|Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in White|
|Dimensions||151.2 mm (5.95 in) H 79.2 mm (3.12 in) D|
|Mass||168 g (5.9 oz)|
|Operating System||Original Android 4.3 “Jelly Bean” Current: Android 5.0 “Lollipop” Unofficial: Android 9.0 “Pie” via custom ROMs Android 10.0 “Q” Unstable via custom ROMs|
How Do I Update My Note 3 To Android 6?
In case you are currently using Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and wondering about how you can update your device to Android 6, here is a simple and quick guide for you to do it –
- For updating the custom ROM of your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 6 Marshmallow, you can download the Google Apps Package.
- You will have to make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 is properly connected to your PC by utilising a faultless USB cable and also copied to the SD card of your mobile phone before you power off the device.
- Before turning off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3, do not forget to disconnect the USB cable you used for linking the mobile phone to the computer.
How Do I Update My Note 3 To Marshmallow?
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 got an Android updated version of Android 6 Marshmallow from the well-known CyanogenMod team;
so, if you are currently using Galaxy Note 3 and want to update it to Marshmallow, that is available for downloading and installation, follow the steps mentioned in the following.
- Step 1 – You will have to download the android version Android 6.0 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Step 2 – You will be required to download Odin v3.
- Step 3 – You will have to run Odin v3.
- Step 4 – Now you are going to switch off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Step 5 – You will have to boot your Samsung device into Download Mode.
- Step 6 – You are required to make sure your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is linked to your PC through the USB cable.
That is all you are required to do, and you will be able to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to the Android version Marshmallow.
Please note that you will be needed to follow each step without skipping any.
To Wrap Up
Slow speed, constant lagging issues, multiple bugs, and difficulties in functioning can emerge if you continue to use your Samsung device without updating its software even after the latest version of Android is available for it. The security of your device can be threatened as well.
However, now that you have learned how to upgrade samsung note 3 android version in this particular article, upgrade to the latest software of your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for using it more productively and enjoying the enhancements like improved functionality, OS upgrade, increased speed, new features, and bug fixes.
Read More: Know About How To Turn Off Samsung S21